Metallicy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the first male is adult:)

Shortly after shedding

dscf3928.jpg

dscf3941.jpg

dscf3943.jpg

A while later

dscf3990.jpg

dscf4003.jpg

dscf4016n.jpg

dscf4019u.jpg

dscf4031w.jpg

dscf3996.jpg

One female is close to adult:)

I also made a crappy video to show how fast they are

dscf4041g.jpg

dscf4044.jpg

dscf4098.jpg

dscf4070d.jpg

dscf4074m.jpg

2nd adult male

dscf4104j.jpg

dscf4105.jpg

dscf4114y.jpg

Their food

dscf4088.jpg

dscf4033t.jpg

Great pix, though it would be hard not to have a great pic of this species! I enjoyed the video. It looked as though the fire bratts were hunting the mantids! How do you keep your fire bratts, by the way? I'm thinking of getting some.

Great pix, though it would be hard not to have a great pic of this species! I enjoyed the video. It looked as though the fire bratts were hunting the mantids! How do you keep your fire bratts, by the way? I'm thinking of getting some.
Thanks. The firebratts are mostly hidden in the bark, so I removed them from the bark. that's why they were running around so much :p

I keep them in a 18x18x18cm plastic box with a 4x4cm airhole in de lid. A small cup with soaked tissuepaper. And a load of dry torn tissuepaper where they can crawl on.

They are under a 40W spot, so it's get's around 35-40C. And I feed them fishfood:)

That's the question, isn't it? I am going to publish something on the mantis foreleg soon.

My question is:

Why did they decide to become such a colorful species within evolution?

Are they trying to look like poisoness wasps? Or aren't they such colorfull in their predator's eyes? is this coloration camoflage? Not for human eyes for sure! Are you going to answer this question in your publication, too?

regards