Metallyticus sp

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it seems like they live up to their name

i can see the common names flooding in already :roll: 'robot mantis' 'metal mantis' thats if of course we manage to get theese into captivity

i believe the guy is legit.i've talked to him on the phone before(He called me after emailing him the "required info.") I responded to an ad on petbugs for some Peruvian Giant Centipedes he had. the guy is expensive but it's because he gets stuff nobody else can seem to get.the centi's went for $2000 for 6 of them i think.so the mantids aren't gonna be cheap.

HEllo,

YEs The Centepides were expensive, and the mantids were too.

I wish I had the money to invest on them,but I don't have that much Hobby cash handy.

The Metallitycus sp sold for 1500 dollars for the group.

Let see what else becomes available, perhaps we should ask him next time to post pics of the nymphs so we can at least know what they look like as nymphs.

Regards

FT

get.the centi's went for $2000 for 6 of them i think.so the mantids aren't gonna be cheap.
id rather buy a car....
lolbut seriously, even if nobody has money to throw away, i'd still be extremely interested in how this genus/species is being taken care of and bred. a caresheet would even be more interesting!

well, not so much a UK version, but there are international classifieds on there as well as strictly US classifieds.

yeah, and you know if they are available in the US now, there WILL be more, and eventually become cheaper.

if i understand correctly, the U.S. is totally anal about keeping non-native animal species. is this mantis "technically" illegal in the states?

Hello all,

Well I think that if they were to start breeding them and they are an esay specie after all, I would say 2-3 years before they are available in the hobby.

Usually after a second generation they might become available.

regards

FT

if i understand correctly, the U.S. is totally anal about keeping non-native animal species. is this mantis "technically" illegal in the states?
ive always wondered about this do most of the american keepers actually have permits or does it depend on states?

i want these in culture when i get back from uni ;)

We will be getting them soon,very soon.

So everyone interested lets start saving money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the tip Wuwu.

FT

Latest posts