Miomantis , EXO Commune

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serle

Reaction score
These  Seven (7) female Miomantis Paykulii  (Egyptian ) have been residing together for two weeks now .

EXO #1.JPG

EXO #2.JPG

EXO crowd.JPG

EXO group.JPG

That’s pretty cool! I didn’t know they could live communally. They’re also very adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
These little Mio's keep surprizing me , I've had them for a couple years and they literally grow on you..........  S .

I have been swapping my 3 mated females in and out of the `good enclosure` to lay their eggs. Keeping them all together would sure save me hassle but as I`ve named and bonded with all 3 I think I`d be pretty heartbroken if one of them got offed :p  Somehow I think the dozen or so males might not be as willing to have roommates.

Maybe next round if I managed to produce more females.

That's very interesting! The.miomantis (caffra) we have here would kill each other immediately.

There has been one casualty in the community , not bad for 7 females over the course of a couple months........ S

I have a miomantis caffra housed next to an orthodera novaezealandiae, there are plastic Lego windows separating them. She spends 90% of her day with her face pressed against them frantically wanting to attack o.novaezealandiae haha! The otherantis hasn't even acknowledged her existance. You've done well!

Ironically since my last post we had another battle to the finish and lost another Mio.

That being said it is the circle of life........ S

Latest posts