Mite paper question?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frack

Reaction score
Hi, Ive recently looked in to ways to prevent mites and Ive seen alot about this mite paper stuff thats like insecticidal shelf paper thats supposed to work really well. Ive never seen this stuff anwhere and know nothing about it so I was just wondering if someone could let me know wheres a good place to get it and any good/bad things about it I would apreciate it, thx!

I had a mite issue several years ago. I clenaed all cages and bought some mite paper from carolina.com. I never got mites again even though I have not used the paper in years.

The paper is used a lot because they walk or crawl to a new location, a lot of people use it in their cubboards to control insects that like to travel from one box to the next. They say u can buy it locally, but I cannot find it myself, so I ordered it from the manufacturer and sell it on my site, It has a little smell to it, but generally not bad.

I would think home depot or something would carry it locally, or a tack and feed store, if you have them around there.

I get alot of stuff from tack and feed store's, and alot less expensively than at a chain retail store, and there's usually someone that knows about the product there also.

That's one thing I look for in a place to buy from, is support and knowledge.

My mom used the stuff when she'd redo the kitchen when I was very young, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Mite paper has an insecticide on it and I believe it was made just for fruit fly culturing, it doesn't sound like something you'd find a the local hardware chain store.

I was searching the web for some pinhead crickets in phoenix, and found a store that sells it, but it's the same price as Rebecca's. You can search for that info, or get it from her, and maybe save on shipping if you get other supplies as well. Just a thought

I think that place was called Black Jungle

I've looked at several variety stores, hardware stores, lawn and garden centers, etc... (everywhere I could think of locally), and haven't found any. Have only seen it for sale online. Haven't decided yet on whether to purchase any, as I haven't had a mite issue. And I'm keeping about a dozen free-roaming Chinese nymphs in the bug room. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill them instead of trying to prevent a problem I don't currently have.

Latest posts