Molt?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTHMfreak

Reaction score
South Ontario California. Pretty much on the Chino
Okay, so the last time that Francis went into a molt was on April 6, which means she should molt again any day now. I was feeding her tonight and she had no black stripes underneath her abdomen, after she ate one fruit fly she suddenly produced the very visible black stripes, but I was also able to see those black stripes suddenly disappear. Any ideas on this? As soon as I put her back into her enclosure she went to the top to hang upside down. For those who don't know her last molt was a mismolt and she could not capture prey with her raptorial arms so I have been feeding her by hand.

black stripes are normal depending on species it could be a sign of being fed alot but nothing to worry about.

She was not fed too much, she was fed every two to three days. The last time she molted she had the stripes going on, which would make sense of being too big for her skin, I am just trying to figure out if her change in everything tonight says she will molt very soon.

the black was fruitfly meat in between her segments

just feed and spritz her and give her a good perch and molting will commence when she's ready

mantises who have had even a minor mismolt take longer to molt again, presumably because they r in a healing process

the black was fruitfly meat in between her segments

just feed and spritz her and give her a good perch and molting will commence when she's ready

mantises who have had even a minor mismolt take longer to molt again, presumably because they r in a healing process
Interesting, I did notice that after she swallowed that the segment closed up.

I keep seeing the black stripes appear and disappear. Sometimes it is between a feeding of only 1 single fruit fly in the past couple days. I realize that a molt means she is stretching out the old skin, you think that is what is happening? The black stripes are coming and going an awful lot right now.

No molt, she died a few days ago, she tried to molt that night but it just did not happen, I mean she was up at the top of her house all stretched out and ready to go. Then she fell, I put her back up and she fell again, her abdomen was really squishy. I did all I could for her what with hand feeding and all, and she was great for the time that she was around. The thing that bothers me the most is the question of "what caused her to die"? I wish I knew so I could prevent it in the future, but I guess I will never know.

No molt, she died a few days ago, she tried to molt that night but it just did not happen, I mean she was up at the top of her house all stretched out and ready to go. Then she fell, I put her back up and she fell again, her abdomen was really squishy. I did all I could for her what with hand feeding and all, and she was great for the time that she was around. The thing that bothers me the most is the question of "what caused her to die"? I wish I knew so I could prevent it in the future, but I guess I will never know.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I know I'm going to run into all of these problems with mine and it scares me to death. . . I freak out whenever anything of mine dies.

Just noticed your quote, there is a Cheryl Crow song titled Soak up the sun with those lyrics

"I don't have diddly squat

It's not having what you want

It's wanting what you've got"

good song btw.
Wow, really? I like Sheryl Crow. There is also supposedly a male country singer who says that line too. . .

Latest posts