Molting, First Mantis, Help?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collinchang635

Reaction score
I read that if my mantis refuses food its getting ready to molt. I gave him a big juicy mosquito and he caught it but shortly after catching it, he dropped it for no reason. I tried to give him the same mosquito again but he refused to eat it. He ignored it and ran to the top of his cage and stood upside down. Do you think he's going to molt? If he does what do i do? Help......

He might be ready to and he might not. There is nothing you need to do except leave him alone for several days. By that I mean try not to disturb him by cleaning his cage or handling him.

Thanks for all the replies i'll try to leave him alone and mist him lightly and by the way i think i have a Giant Malaysian Shield Mantis but hes still really small.

This is the third day after my mantis stopped eating and he still hasnt molted so I tried to feed him. Before I fed him, I misted his cage. He quickly ran to a drop of water and started drinking. Then I tried to feed him. I put a mosquito into his cage and he caught it but then he dropped it after killing it.

Latest posts