Molting question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spotsy99

Reaction score
I am mommy to 3 ghost  (P paradoxa) nymphs. They are so awesome and doing great. Now to my question. One of them is very behind in molting. The following is their days:

#1 - Molted to L3 on 6/15, Molted to L4 on 6/29

#2 - Molted to L3 on 6/16, Molted to L4 on 7/1

#3 - Molted to L3 on 6/17

Should I be concerned that #3 has yet to molt to L4? They get the same care and are fed and misted at the same time.

Thank you all for your input!

Denise

I forgot to mention that they all ate today. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@spotsy99 I wouldn't be concerned, if it is eating and healthy then it is just slow in molting (or perhaps a runt). See the photo here (PhotoBucket and their new rule.. anyway if it doesn't show refresh the page until it does), and the original post from Rick. I've had a few mantids like that myself from the same ooth and care, and they all grew up to adults eventually. :)

@spotsy99 I wouldn't be concerned, if it is eating and healthy then it is just slow in molting (or perhaps a runt). See the photo here (PhotoBucket and their new rule.. anyway if it doesn't show refresh the page until it does), and the original post from Rick. I've had a few mantids like that myself from the same ooth and care, and they all grew up to adults eventually. :)
Thank you, Thomas, for the reassurance. Checked on it this morning. Still no molt, but happy and dancing. 

So glad you're back and doing well. I was wondering what happened to you. Take care of yourself! 

Denise 

I meant to also say thank you for the link. It was very interesting and I suggest anyone reading this thread to check out the link and the pic.

Thanks again, Thomas! You're awesome! 

I meant to also say thank you for the link. It was very interesting and I suggest anyone reading this thread to check out the link and the pic.

Thanks again, Thomas! You're awesome! 
Thanks, glad to be back in the swing of things, and your welcome. Yes the photo is great, I just wish I photographed mine together too like Rick did. As with my two nymphs side-by-side in different photos doesn't show the true scale like his does. :D

Latest posts