Monster Hunter anyone?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griever

Reaction score
Does anyone else here play the Monster Hunter series? I've been playing it for a while and I am still hooked! :lol: For those who don't know you basically go out and hunt for various flora and fauna and use their parts and matierials gathered to fashion weapons and armor for your character. It can be played either as single or multiplayer game, its a fun and challenging game involving some strategy and sometimes just plain dumb luck. Most battles are usually huge a few minutes long and I can't wait for the next installment, underwater fights WOO hooo!

heres a couple of links to some gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdU1TDJnn8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5Ya5AkKGw

You might enjoy the monster rancher series. You put in DVD or CD or Games and you get monsters. It is really fun.

I use to play the the Monster Rancher series when I was younger, I remeber only playing through the second one for an entier summer in grade school. Some of the newer ones aren't too great though

I would suggest Monster Rancher 4 you can have up to 5 monsters at a time. Its really fun. The second one is good too. The 3rd one is too cartoony and the 5th one which is called Monster Rancher EVO is an RPG which is about a circus which is to me kinda dumb

I was just going to start a topic on this but thought i'd do a search just incase i was repeating myself :p

So heck yes i play the monster hunter games :D

Ive got the first one on PS2 but i never play it, controls are just too wierd, the first one i played and was Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP, lately ive got back into and i brought the latest one the other week, heres my set up :D

I use long swords, short sowords, great swords, and dual swords :D

Monster Hunter Freedom

3904208216_5d68710635.jpg

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (latest one)

3936664263_25e3cf572e.jpg

Sadly not yet :(

Their out for the PS2 and the PSP but the next one is coming out in the wii for some stupid reason :(

I have a Wii lol but Wii is pretty stupid. I will see if I can find it cheap. Is it an online game for PSP? Also how do you connect online with a psp?

Some good PS2 games I would suggest would be Kindgom Hearts, Jak and Daxter1, the God of War games, Final Fantasy games, Star Wars Battlefront 2, War of Monsters, Monster Rancher 4, and best of Champions of Norrath 1 and Champions of Norrath Return to Arms. Too bad my Ps2 broke my Ps3 doesn't have backwards compatibility

Don't get me started about god of war :D

Oh BTW Shadow of the collosus is also truly amazing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sort of the same concept as Shadow of the collosus :)

Roam around for a bit, find something giant n kill it lol

I THINK the PS2 one is online, however the PSP for some stupid reason is you can only do it upto 4 players in the same room, ad-hoc i think it is, not proper online though. BUT theres this fiddly method of hooking your PSP up to your PS3 to play online with it :)

Latest posts