Montana_mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaunte

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Communication was great.
He is very friendly, responsive, and wants to make sure your order and satisfaction are perfect.
We had a small bump during shipping, and he is going above and beyond to make sure this ends up being a positive experience. Would buy from again.

It was wonderful to meet you in person. Your knowledge is impressive. Thank you for the extra mantis as well as answering all my questions. All are healthy and appear to be doing well. He cares and wants newbies like me to succeed. I will be doing business with you again.

Did a trade with MT_mantids around 2 weeks ago. so far has been a one way trade, still havent got my end of things. we agreed on some of my liturgusa maya for their astyliasula basinigra. we agreed on a date and they never followed through with it. I shipped out last Tuesday 5/28 only to update to me a week later that "they're astyliasula ate each other and have less than expected"

They even sent me a pic of them holding my mantises saying "Thanks!"..... rude

We hade a trade agreement they never followed through on their end. they keep delaying it. And i heard from someone else that they might have sold my mantises or is offering mine for sale...

I still haven't received anything....
buyer beware

IMG_6656.PNG
IMG_6657.PNG
IMG_6658.PNG
IMG_6659.PNG
IMG_6661.PNG
IMG_6662.PNG
IMG_6664.PNG
IMG_6665.PNG
IMG_6666.PNG
IMG_6667.PNG

Last edited:
Okay. I want to say a lot of things, but I need you to contact my dad like I said. This has been a horrible experience, but I most likely won’t be writing a hate post for you. The Liturgusa arrived on Thursday. Today is Wednesday. It will be one week tomorrow. Check the update on your tracking number. They were shipped. I’m trying to figure this out and get you to talk to my father instead of arguing with me because it isn’t worth it to me. I will definitely be back updating this with photos, but I don’t want this whole thing to turn into any kind of drama that will get us both banned. Please check all of your information before posting, and CONTACT MY FATHER!!!!! I don’t mean to say that so much, be he is the one dropping stuff off at the post office while I am at school. Also his word is way more valuable than mine as you have made clear. I never lied to you, but you lied to me. I hope everything arrives and you can fix this, but I honestly don’t think the way you reacted was appropriate in any way. I hope we can figure this out.

We are trying to clean up this thread to keep it organized so that in the future when someone reads MM feedback they don't have to scroll through all of this drama. The Feedback forum is not a place for discussions. Buyer leaves one review and seller makes one response. All of this extra commentary is unnecessary and violates Feedback forum rules. @PrayingMantisPets has been asked to consolidate their feedback into one post and the multiples will be deleted... as will the extraneous comments from other users.

Please everyone refresh yourselves on the feedback rules. If you're not part of the deal, don't comment here. :)

I recently purchased 3 mantis Ooth through Montana Mantid. The Ooth were supplied by a "JT"
I did receive my order. However there were some minor delays and some unexpected additional shipping charges involved.

One of the Ooth started hatching during shipment ( no survivors )
one Ooth just recently hatched ( 2-3 decent looking nymphs. Most got stuck )
and the final Ooth has yet to show any sign of life.
(Ooths were given proper temp & humidity for hatching once they arrived.)

The latest communication from Montana Mantid suggests contacting JT directly for resolution.
I sent an email to JT’s email address I had used for PayPal, I copied Montana Mantid as well as his father given the above.
Email was sent on 6/7/24. as of now I have not had a reply from Montana, his father, or JT.

While I do understand that "technically" 2 of the 3 ooth hatched, I also understand that I am out a fair amount of money and very few living nymphs to show for it. I would have liked to at least have a conversation regarding the issue instead of total silence.

Last edited:
I recently purchased 3 mantis Ooth through Montana Mantid. The Ooth were supplied by a "JT"
I did receive my order. However there were some minor delays and some unexpected additional shipping charges involved.

One of the Ooth started hatching during shipment ( no survivors )
one Ooth just recently hatched ( 2-3 decent looking nymphs. Most got stuck )
and the final Ooth has yet to show any sign of life.
(Ooths were given proper temp & humidity for hatching once they arrived.)

The latest communication from Montana Mantid suggests contacting JT directly for resolution.
I sent an email to JT’s email address I had used for PayPal, I copied Montana Mantid as well as his father given the above.
Email was sent on 6/7/24. as of now I have not had a reply from Montana, his father, or JT.

While I do understand that "technically" 2 of the 3 ooth hatched, I also understand that I am out a fair amount of money and very few living nymphs to show for it. I would have liked to at least have a conversation regarding the issue instead of total silence.
Hey! Sorry, I didn’t know I needed to reply to that. I thought that was only for JT. I’ve also been having problems with my ooths hatching. If there are no updates from him by the beginning/middle of July, I will contact him directly and make sure everything gets fixed. Sorry for not responding.

Latest posts