More new arrivals

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoDave

Reaction score
I love this time of year :D I've got many P.affinis nymphs from all the ooths that were produced, but nothing could prepare me for what I was going to see this morning. One of my 12 P.aeruginosa ooths hatched and there must be at least 400 nymphs running around like crazy, brilliant. They've all been having a drink from their moist 'kitchen towel' and are looking great, they'll be placed into their larger nymph tank tomorrow when i've got the new mesh. Chuffed to bits :) Will update with some photos tomorrow, but couldnt wait until then to mention it, lol. Everytime something hatches, it feels like the first ever ooth I had hatch for me.

Dave

Awesome. I had a budwing ooth hatch and about to have a grandis ooth hatch. I am going to be full of nymphs.

Hi Rick,

I've never kept grandis before, do their ooths generally produce alot of nymphs like their other Heirodula cousins? I'm getting more fruit fly cultures prepared now than I was previously going to, if one of these ooths can produce this many i have to be ready for many many more :)

How wonderful! :D Good luck Dave with your Mantids. Same here when a ooth hatches I feel like it is my first mantis too. :)

not me when an ooth hatches i know that it's the same speceies so it's not very exiting when i get my hands on some new mantids i go nuts!

Doesn't matter if it's as common as muck or rare as a woman that likes sport and cooks, love em all :D

The trick is to find a woman who does all the other stuff then reveal what a bug geek you really are.....I waiting 5 years til I outed myself!!! 8)

Latest posts