Multi species isopod enclosure?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synapze

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a large group of isopods that I accidentally acquired and have been considering collecting a couple of other species. Can multiple isopod species share the same enclosure? 

Yes, but species that breed faster will overtake the slower breeders.
You are correct. The Armadillidium are breeding much faster that the Dairy cows. The enclosure isn't ideal, so I've got to figure out how to remove some. The whole thing just kinda happened with the Armadillidium (they hitchhiked in on a lava rock) except for the Dairy cows, I added those. I've been feeding some fish food at night and it's all gone the next morning. I think this might be a hassle to correct. 😀

I haven’t been out of my house in the past month 🤪
 People are beginning to ignore the warnings and are trying to get back to normal. The emergency rooms were beginning to catch a break, but they are already beginning to fill up again. A couple of friends work at one of our local hospitals and they've said they'll walk off the job if things return to the way they were just last week. 😕

To get back on topic... yes I'll have plenty of isopod time. 😀 

Dang, and I thought 10 was a lot! I keep a lot of other inverts though too which makes up most of my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I might just release the native vulgare and just keep the dairy cows. That's probably the easiest thing to do. 

Latest posts