My 2 Mantids...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anleoflippy

Reaction score
Here are some pics of My Mantids...

I have 2 Mantises...

2 of them are from The Tip Of Borneo and caught wild...

The Tip Of borneo is also called Kudat and is my village...

These is my Tenodera fasciata

3119511928_40526e8c38_b.jpg

Holding its prey...

3119504980_68919943c3_b.jpg

3118331972_c489f07e77_b.jpg

Whats left of the victim...

This is my Hierodula Trimaculata (Giant Malaysian Mantis)

3119508810_9b09883a0d_b.jpg

3118673771_403c06fdeb_b.jpg

Both of them on the same plant...

3118664795_78ed0abe4b_b.jpg

UPDATED!!!

My Hierodula doesn't move much even though you let him out but he packs mussel in his raptorial legs...

you can see the pics of my Hierodula that he has lost a limb at the left of his raptorial legs, you know the very tip of the raptorial legs there is a limb. I don't know how it happen but do not underestimate it, I found this mussel guy at the woods of The tip of borneo...

As for my Tenodera, I found him at my aunts cottage also at the Tip of borneo, I saw it flying around the light at night time and I thought I should bring home 2 mantids, and so here it is. My Tenodera loves to fly so I let him fly in my room once In a while but doesn't like to hang up side down...

UPDATED AGAIN!!!

I let go my Hierodula trimaculata because I've many times taking care of that species and Never experienced rearing a Tenodera and other species...

Good bye my little Hierodula... :)

Update again!!! :lol:

My Tenodera Died 5 weeks ago... T_T

EDIT: I finally found out what my Tenodera is, it is not a Chinese (Sinensis), its Tenodera fasciata

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful male T. sinensis. He looks quite long! You should post a pic of him on a ruler.

Beautiful male T. sinensis. He looks quite long! You should post a pic of him on a ruler.
Sure,why not...

but not now...

EDIT: Sorry I cant post my tenodera with the ruler, I was busy. But I did measure it.Tenodera is 8.7 cm and my male H.Trimaculata is 8.1 cm, I think its a fair size, The Chinese is long but thin and the Hierodula is Little bit short but bulky...

Last edited by a moderator: