My best praying mantis shot to date

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeatzee

Reaction score
This was taken using a new technique to me, which was taping my M 50mm F/1.7 reversed infront of the sigma 105mm macro at 1:1 giving me roughly 2:1 magnification.

4526216653_a897b85615.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

Yeatzee, this is digital celluloid gold.

By far the most detailed shot I have ever seen on anything. You can even freakin' see the spines/hairs on the mandibles. Holy $.

ha thanks guys. I haven't been active here in a long time due to crazy losses (in less than a week I lost more than half of my stock) but I hope to get and participate more.

This was taken using a new technique to me, which was taping my M 50mm F/1.7 reversed infront of the sigma 105mm macro at 1:1 giving me roughly 2:1 magnification.

4526216653_a897b85615.jpg

Let me know what you think!!
ghot dayumn! what kind a camera and how much did it all cost u?! LOL that shot is insanely perfect! wow! enter that in a magazine dude

Ha! thanks guys..

ghot dayumn! what kind a camera and how much did it all cost u?! LOL that shot is insanely perfect! wow! enter that in a magazine dude
A lot less than you would think. A half decent DSLR is going to cost you near $1000, than a dedicated macro lens like me and kamakiri have can cost anywhere from $400-1000+.... and after that usually comes some type of flash system and so on....

My gear used for this shot =

Pentax K200d - cost me $580 new (the camera has since been discontinued. I have just purchased the pentax K-7 which i am awaiting to arrive :D )

Sigma 105mm macro - cost me $380 new, they now go for $480+

Pentax 50mm F/1.7 - cost me $30... its a film era lens.

Tape - $3.00

Pentax AF 360 flash - Cost me $130 used

Stofen diffuser - $10

TOTAL = $1133

Thats it B)

In DSLR terms that pretty dang cheap! Infact the camera alone I just bought, cost me more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! thanks guys..

A lot less than you would think. A half decent DSLR is going to cost you near $1000, than a dedicated macro lens like me and kamakiri have can cost anywhere from $400-1000+.... and after that usually comes some type of flash system and so on....

My gear used for this shot =

Pentax K200d - cost me $580 new (the camera has since been discontinued. I have just purchased the pentax K-7 which i am awaiting to arrive :D )

Sigma 105mm macro - cost me $380 new, they now go for $480+

Pentax 50mm F/1.7 - cost me $30... its a film era lens.

Tape - $3.00

Pentax AF 360 flash - Cost me $130 used

Stofen diffuser - $10

TOTAL = $1133

Thats it B)

In DSLR terms that pretty dang cheap! Infact the camera alone I just bought, cost me more than that.
Are you selling drugs again <_< ? NICE... :p

Latest posts