• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

My Business

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am only 15 but I wish I could soon start a feeder company myself! I have only two fly cultures, a good amount of roaches, silk worms, and looking to get mantids. Well I wish you luck!

I am only 15 but I wish I could soon start a feeder company myself! I have only two fly cultures, a good amount of roaches, silk worms, and looking to get mantids. Well I wish you luck!

Pics!

Just a round about view of everything.

P2136895.jpg

P2136894.jpg

Heated rack with thermostat. It's set to 82F. The mealworm babies are here.

P2136896.jpg

Isopod/Springtail rack

P2136898.jpg

Inside the isopod tub. IDK if the moss will do anthing, but I had some lying around. Also may have drilled too many holes in them, making them not be as humid as needed. I can always plug up some holes with tape if needed.

P2136899.jpg

Mealworm beetles. I didn't think they needed the heat, all they are doing is breeding. After a few weeks the tubs can be moved into the heated rack for growing, without the beetles of course.

P2136900.jpg

P2136901.jpg

FF Center. The larger flexwatt in the pic will be moved to the heated rack where waxworms will be going on this.

P2136902.jpg

Had to install this since there is no ceiling light at all. Took about 10 minutes with the new drill I got for V-Day.

P2136906.jpg

Gotta love posting pics. Any questions feel free to PM or ask.

Jeff

DAAAAAAAAMN Shnider! you got the hooks up there eh lol, i have one small tub for cricket breeding, and one 2'x2' shelf for FF cultures, lol and one bookshelf for my mantis =P you gots it hooked up there =P

Nice pics, but man doesn't that room stink with all the different medium? lol

Believe me I was there too at one time! Who knows you could be making a thread like this in 5 years!

Cool! How long until the site's finished?
Ummm...hopefully soon. We (GF and I) always set a date to start working on it and something happens and it gets postponed. So hopefully soon to tell you the truth.

wow looks great!
Thanks.

DAAAAAAAAMN Shnider! you got the hooks up there eh lol, i have one small tub for cricket breeding, and one 2'x2' shelf for FF cultures, lol and one bookshelf for my mantis =P you gots it hooked up there =P
Thanks, lol. It honestly doesn't even seem like there is that much going in when I'm in here(I am now). I'll definitely need more racks, the mantids after separating them take up quite a bit of space.

Nice pics, but man doesn't that room stink with all the different medium? lol
Actually it doesn't even smell. I've recently bought a plug in air freshener, just to give the room a specific smell though. The FF cultures are thrown out after a month and nothing else rots or gets cleaned enough to smell. Before I switched to Methyl Paraben for a mold inhibitor instead of vinegar it did reek of a vinegar smell!

The isopods arrived yesterday, and the springs today. All alive and well. There must have been a female isopod carrying young because now there are some tiny white isopods in one of the cultures. I tried to take a pic of one.

P2166912.jpg

P2166913.jpg

Got most of the shipping supplies now. Should be able to start shipping some FF's out very soon!

Jeff

The isopods arrived yesterday, and the springs today. All alive and well. There must have been a female isopod carrying young because now there are some tiny white isopods in one of the cultures. I tried to take a pic of one.

P2166912.jpg

P2166913.jpg

Got most of the shipping supplies now. Should be able to start shipping some FF's out very soon!

Jeff
Looks great and good luck...

Someone on the roach forum is selling isopods for cheap... 75+ for $5!