My Chinese mantises again

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryptid

Reaction score
Okay! So I'm down to my last three. I started with two ooths and ended up with 400-600 babies and gave the majority of those away and since then have been whittling down my population. Thank God mine and my neighbors back yards are heavily planted.

I'm down to my last three and realized that the last dozen I kept were all females, based upon everything I've read and the pictures I've seen. I'll probably release two of them and keep the friendliest one.

Here's my question. What happens to a female mantis if she doesn't breed. Is it okay? These last three are L7's...Hahaha...L7...

I mean - she doesn't go out of her mind, does she?

Not unless you are , well lets just say this, i f it is dark and rainy one night with lots of thunder and lightning, then yes, she will go out of her mind and her claws will suddenly stretch out to find the closest neck! :ph34r:

But on the other hand, she will be fine! Girls don't really need a man, they will do fine all by theirselves! Course, it woudn't hurt to make sure her cage door is locked on stormy nights :tt2:

Latest posts