My Collection

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutieCrawlersArt

Artist for Hire!
Reaction score
I had a hodgepodge of pics so I'd just lump them all in here with my little cheat sheet. :D

Mantis%20Cheat%20Sheet_v3.png
My Africans were my very first mantises. Peggy was named because sadly, her sister sort of ate one of her feet off. :"I I also hate to pick faves but I love the little Indian's wiggle dance, and Dahlia's disposition is super sweet. A lot of the time, I'll let any one of these guys roam around on my drawing Cintiq while I work.​
And then I've got some loose pictures of the gang as well. :D
2016-01-12%2021.15.19.jpg
Dahlia's color change~​
2016-01-12%2020.55.17.jpg
2016-01-13%2002.08.31.jpg
2016-01-13%2001.21.52.jpg
2016-01-06%2021.29.40.jpg
2016-01-13%2001.38.52.jpg

Thanks to a bunch of awesome people on here, my collection has expanded! 83 Currently waiting to name my two Shields since I wanna sex them first. 

Mantis%20Cheat%20Sheet_v4.png

Haha thanks! :D  <3 I wanna try to keep my numbers low enough to be able to keep naming them individually. xD
Just stay way from hatching ooths then. ;) I had a few hundred nymphs hatch lately - although most will be re-released to the wild where they were collected from during the fall. I must admit I like it when I have just a few adults to tend to. Seems to be much more laid back and no worries of various fruit fly cultures, habitat issues, and such.

Very nice putting together a cheater sheet with photos like that. I know my photos are scattered on my PC, and if I'm lucky I remembered to put them in a folder with my pets name, or the photo filename. I'm really disorganized with that, but have a very detailed/organized log/journal of all my mantids and related - the text format just don't allow photos. Perhaps I really should update to a journal format that would allow me to add photos to it.

Yeah. I've been warring with wanting to buy ooths of species I want, but I honestly don't have the space or resources (mostly space) for them so I decided they wouldn't have a great life here if I had like 100's of them. xD 

And yeah! Anything blog-like would be good (Tumblr, from my experience) or maybe an instagram. :3 I'd also be happy to provide a Photoshop psd of mine if anyone wants to make one! :D

Latest posts