My crickets are escaping

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine were too. I even found one on the stove! I was keeping them in a kritter keeper but the small ones were able to jump to the lid and squeeze through the vents. Now I only keep large ones in that and moved the smalls to something with a mesh lid. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find keeping them in a cage with decently high walls stops this. I keep mine in a twenty gallon long tank, and I pretty much never have any escapees. Little containers are easy for them to jump out of when you are busy picking out crickets for feeding and such.

i use nothing but containers with lids and use metal mesh to make sure they cant bite through! lol i should take a pic and load it lol

I use a largish rubbermaid tub to keep them in. I cut out the center of the lid and glue in mesh. Generally they can't reach the lid but if they do they can't get out.

Me to, large container, can't jump over the wall! But before, even find them in kitchen pans! It's like @what the heck@ we are having stirfry for dinner!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts