my first idolos-any tips?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still not molted! been a few days since he started not eating and he had liquid on his raptors yesterday. I have enough heat, support, and RH. is something wrong or does it just take a long time to molt?

still nothing. still refusing food.

he rotated his body around though. shouldn't he be staying still if he's molting?

lol

he keeps moving around the lid instead of finding a molting spot, yet it's been several days since I first saw the signs of molting. does this molt just take a while?

My idolos are not growing. I have 2 stuck for more than 1.5 months at L5 and 2 stuck for 2 months at L4. I have a heating light on them, and am giving them as many moths as they will take.

Yep, like Jude said the best thing you can do is raise the RH, one way I keep it high is to soak the substrate(must be fairly clean or it will mold) to where its like a damp sponge with no extra standing water, I've switched from S moss to small pet bedding(paper mulch) as it doesn't break down and turn into a dusty hard to clean mess, plus it resists mold VERY well.

One of my Idolos molted to sub-adult a couple days ago. I think I waited about over a month for that molt to happen. :sleeping:

My idolos are not growing. I have 2 stuck for more than 1.5 months at L5 and 2 stuck for 2 months at L4. I have a heating light on them, and am giving them as many moths as they will take.
I had one stuck at L6 for 8 months. She just died. I guess I had really bad conditions.

Latest posts