My First Order Has Arrived!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not the best idea to keep all 3 mantises together in the same enclosure. Ghosts are communal, so you can keep the two of them together, no worries...but spiny's are actually fairly cannibalistic, and should be houses by themselves. 

Probably not the best idea to keep all 3 mantises together in the same enclosure. Ghosts are communal, so you can keep the two of them together, no worries...but spiny's are actually fairly cannibalistic, and should be houses by themselves. 
Yeah, I knew keeping Spiny together was a no-no. I was just wondering when I should think about putting the 3 Ghosts in one enclosure. Since one has molted, I definitely will wait until the other 2 molt before putting them together.

One more noob question: How long does it take for fly pupa to hatch? Is there a way to tell which one will hatch sooner (color,size,etc)?

I've put about 10-12 pupa in the containers with my various mantis and only a couple have hatched. Some of them have been in the container for 5 days. I read they should hatch in a few days.

Healthy pupae hatch between a day and 4 days. The longer you’ve had the pupae the higher the chance that the pupae don’t hatch. Housefly pupae especially don’t last long.

Latest posts