my lost orchid mantis...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
This is really weird

I noticed the door of my room was open, which usually means that a cat has been sneaking around again.

Nothing to worry about.

I check my room and found one of my orchid enclosures on the ground with the lid removed(laying 12 inch further).

i immediately stressed out since i have only 3 orchids left, i trashed my room and bathroom and other peoples bedrooms(found also some stuff i didn't really expect to find in there........)

and i just couldn't found it.. so i was swearing and looking everywhere again, eventually when all my hope was lost i sat on my table looked up to my wall and.. that lil smart arse sat on the central heating pipe.. warm and comfortable.

and i was laughing at myself :p

Oh.... I'm glad you found her/him! Lost mantis on the loose with kitties around isn't a good situation. Thank goodness cats can't climb walls (not usually, or very far anyway). ;)

Funny how you never find anything 'til you stop looking for it.

The last cat I had would disagree ;)
Lol... that's why I said "usually!" :p My husband is still trying to get used to it. He's always been a dog person, and the 'living with cats experience' was new to him when we got together. He says, "They're always UP!" (As opposed to dogs who are always on the floor, or at the most on furniture). Unfortunately it's difficult to keep something completely away from a cat unless it's behind a securely closed door! <_<

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, I left the lid off of the jar of an L2 Peacock mantis and looked back a while later to find it gone (find it gone? oh well) I searched every corner of my room, pulled the desk away from the wall, behind chest of drawers etc. I had just about given up when I glanced to one side and saw it walking up my desk lamp, I carefully took it off and breathed such a sigh of relief that I nearly blew it right off my hand!

I felt a little silly after that...

By the way, I'm basically new to internet forums, is it impolite to "hijack" a topic like this?

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, I left the lid off of the jar of an L2 Peacock mantis and looked back a while later to find it gone (find it gone? oh well) I searched every corner of my room, pulled the desk away from the wall, behind chest of drawers etc. I had just about given up when I glanced to one side and saw it walking up my desk lamp, I carefully took it off and breathed such a sigh of relief that I nearly blew it right off my hand!I felt a little silly after that...

By the way, I'm basically new to internet forums, is it impolite to "hijack" a topic like this?
Don't think so, as long as you're sharing an experience of your own relating to the topic. Or if Idolomantis gets mad :p

This is really weirdI noticed the door of my room was open, which usually means that a cat has been sneaking around again.

Nothing to worry about.

I check my room and found one of my orchid enclosures on the ground with the lid removed(laying 12 inch further).

i immediately stressed out since i have only 3 orchids left, i trashed my room and bathroom and other peoples bedrooms(found also some stuff i didn't really expect to find in there........)

and i just couldn't found it.. so i was swearing and looking everywhere again, eventually when all my hope was lost i sat on my table looked up to my wall and.. that lil smart arse sat on the central heating pipe.. warm and comfortable.

and i was laughing at myself
Wow!!I know the freaked out feeling!! Yeah!!1 That's me alright swearing and stressing looking for the one that got away. yeah!! i found my little male orchid perched high up on the edge of these cheap round like 14" flat bubbles management put over the fluorescent light fixtures!! I'm totally trashing my crib got my boys on their hands and knees frantically looking for the"lost orchid'" only to finally look up to find him there.

Oh, and the one about searching other's rooms only to find stuff that should not even be there...story of my life!!! :angry:

Don't think so, as long as you're sharing an experience of your own relating to the topic. Or if Idolomantis gets mad :p
you jerk.. was that a reference to my inbreeding topic?

So, the moral of the stories: first check the roof and heating.

Latest posts