My mantis is trying to lay an ooth..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
...somehow she can't lay it. I see her trying and trying. I see her her putting her butt up and trying to lay it on the mesh. I am afraid she is eggbound and that will cost her life.  I gave her extra huimidity. What can i do to help her to lay her ooth?

I am worried if she doesn't do it she will die....😞

sheralynn-and-her-ooth.jpg

For ppl who are following my topic, it is Sheralynn who has problems. I have one ooth of her. I hope she lay a new one so she can live longer.

How long has she been trying? Could she just be calling and it looks like she's trying to lay? 

- MantisGirl13 

She finally laid one and is the ugliest ooth i have ever seen.

How long has she been trying? Could she just be calling and it looks like she's trying to lay? 

- MantisGirl13 
A few days she was putting her butt up against the mesh like she is searching for a spot to lay. Calling males looks different.

Add a bit of heat and humidity. Maybe?
I added some extra when i went to bed last night and that worked. She laid an ooth and it is an ugly one.

Is that her in pic? I dont think giving her room to roam would hurt. Maybe the excercise will help.
Yup that is her. ;)

This morning i found an ugly ooth in her cage. She did it finally. extra misting has helped. She ate a grasshopper and is the old bottomless pit again.

sheralynn-and-her-ooth2.jpg

I'm so glad she got all that out! It can't be comfortable! Lol

- MantisGirl13 

Latest posts