My new ghost mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyClouser

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to take some photos of my new ghost mantises. They are SO fun to watch. I have a short video too, but it might be too big to post. I took these with my Dino-Lite digital microscope. I think I finally have their habitats under control: steady temp, humidity. I worry about bright lights, though. Can you blind the mantises?

Bob

20190324_165129.png

20190324_165715.png

Nice picture too. Are you the owner of Spooky? I notice that their antennae wiggle really fast!

What do you take pictures with? Do you do macrophotography?

Bob

yes, Spooky is mine👍

I used my phone, I don't remember if i used a macro lens on it, but i needed to take a lot of pics before I was satisfied. 😁

I would like to have more detailed (macro) pics to show the mantids beauty.

Aww, so cute! I love ghosties. No, you can't blind mantids with bright lights. Think about it. They have compound eyes, so they have no choice but to see everything around them. In the wild, they live under the sun like all creatures, and have no choice but to look at it. If they could be blinded by lights, there would be virtually no  wild mantis that wasn't blind!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts