My Orchid ooth hatched :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

Reaction score
Very happy to say my babies hatched out Thursday and than blessed me with 4 more nymphs on Saturday.

467067375_31c966a35d.jpg

467067393_86a19c7844.jpg

467075877_194fc77921.jpg

467067409_ac6a6111ed.jpg

466057084_33b7d77fe4.jpg

466057072_0418dcd907.jpg

Thanks Yen!!!

Thank you

It's a Canon S3 IS with a Raynox DCR-250 Super macro lens.

Awesome. Not long ago my first orchid ooth hatched too.

It hatched out about 100. :D

One of my Chinese ooths hatched the day before and there are a ton of them... I had 7 Chinese ooths two of them are going to my daughters school. Hope it doesn't hatch before i get it there...

The Raynox lens is a good one, not to expensive and it fits a lot of different cameras...

Andrew, you're back! What an absence...Jenn, fantastic photos you have there.

How many did you get out of the ooth?
I log on every once in a while to see if there's anything interesting going on. :p

Very happy to say my babies hatched out Thursday and than blessed me with 4 more nymphs on Saturday.
Glad to know they hatched out fine for you Jenn. It is possible for Orchid mantis to hatch over a period of 2-day. It is more common for me during winter, and i have few ootheca that hatched out more on the second day. So now you have 104 nymphs :D I will be going out of business soon :p

Glad to know they hatched out fine for you Jenn. It is possible for Orchid mantis to hatch over a period of 2-day. It is more common for me during winter, and i have few ootheca that hatched out more on the second day. So now you have 104 nymphs :D I will be going out of business soon :p
It has been cold here, but they were under a heat lamp and kept at 80. Oh well I'm really glad it happened because I got only a couple of pictures at the end of the first hatch, and they didn't come out very good...

lol. no you wont.

Thanks

stupied question:

will they stay the same colors?

that black headed one is awesome!!!!!!!!!

stupied question:will they stay the same colors?

that black headed one is awesome!!!!!!!!!
No. They will turn white and pink after the first molt.

Latest posts