My Rhombodera basalis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabbypatty

aka Mad Mantis
Reaction score
20170312_213008.jpg

20170312_143354.jpg

20170310_142250_006.jpg

20170210_154120.jpg

20170210_154056.jpg

The top pic is Jareth the Mantid King after mating, the second pic is him and Bridget the basalis mating, third pic is him giving me the side eye. Bottom two pics are of Blue Steel, my second male, as a nymph, he molted to adult recently. I love these guys  :kiss:

Such beautiful colors! I'm so used to my dead leaf mantis, it's refreshing to see all of these soft pastels. Cute faces too.

@spotsy99 I haven't had any troubles with them. This is my first time raising this species and I kept them at the same temp as all my others, which is room temp, sometimes cooler, sometimes hotter depending on weather. I mist once a day and I like to keep them well fed. I really like them, they're big and colorful. I highly recommend them  :D

Nice pics! rhombos have been some of my favorites for a while, great job on breeding them

@spotsy99 you just have to keep an eye out, I haven't seen any lately. Hopefully I will soon, haha. 

@Nunsoup Thanks! I just use a simple macro lens attachment for my phone and natural sunlight, it makes for great photos. 

@bobericc Thanks! I love them too, hopefully it'll be baby pics soon

@Zuzu I know they're adorable, I'll have to post more pics of them

That first picture just cracks me up, so adorable and goofy. 

I will definitely have to look into this species they are gorgeous.

@Teamonger haha, I know. Both my males are a dream to handle, and they stay still for pictures, lol. 

@spotsy99 Haha, you should've seen him right after, poor thing was so scared. After returning to normal he had a long drink, hahaha. He was like "wow, I didn't die."

I actually got a macro lens attachment for my phone the other day because you mentioned having one. I didn't even think about that or realize it was a thing. I haven't tested it out yet but hopefully it's as good as yours!

Latest posts