Mystery ooths from Tunesia - Please HELP identify!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didimocorypha lanceolata

source: http://www.mantisonl...ndex.php?lan=en goto ooth pics , great reference site
Won't completely rule out D. lanceolata too. But nymph look very different.D. lanceolata ooth

ooth1.jpg

If your hatchling has pointed eyes like below Paul, then you have something else, but likely your oothecae are O. dumonti.

L1f.jpg

nymph2.jpg

L1e.jpg

Does someone know where D. lanceolata is from?I though it was from India :blush: ....

Ah ok.Thank you for clearing that out.Since your ooth is coming from Tunesia it cannot be D. lanceolata.

Hrmm. So I'm not sure yet, but I think I may have one of the same ooths (though it's not what I ordered). Should be interesting! What have yours been eating?

*edit* assuming yours has hatched, and it may not have yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmm. So I'm not sure yet, but I think I may have one of the same ooths (though it's not what I ordered). Should be interesting! What have yours been eating?

*edit* assuming yours has hatched, and it may not have yet.
No hatch yet.

Here's my hatched ooth. Is this how small yours is?
You'll have to check against the photos I posted. Ooths are less than half an inch. I have no idea how big your blue tongs are.

So your ooth hatched??? Do the nymphs have pointed eyes?

lol sorry I was on my phone and posted quickly- should have just been specific. I should say, they look exactly like this (as opposed to the second group of photos Yen posted with a different kind of pointy head/eyes). They're pretty interesting. Be ready with some small feeders. They are wee babies. I've only had 11, but it's such a tiny ooth to start.

Some of my ooths hatched :cowboy: (around 20 nymphs).I will post pictures in a few hours.They are very tiny.

Cool, new species added to the hobby? Kind of? Good luck. I hope you guys can succesfully breed these, i would love to get my hands on some. Do you have any pictures of the little babies meaganelise9? Maybe next to a fruit fly( if you have any) for comparison?

EDIT: never mind saw your post about how to feed them and saw the picture. Cute babies you got there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts