Namaqua rain frog - Breviceps namaquensis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha!

011-20120909melkbos-sandrainfrog.jpg
Haha! Oh, this little guy is going SOMEWHERE! And everyone better stand BACK! :lol: Hate to be the little lizard in HIS path.

Somebody please send me one of these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvSPLVH144U

Looks like a puffer fish!

IMG_2450_exposure_zps3060ce98.jpg

IMG_2420_exposure_zpsf420a672.jpg

IMG_2361_exposure_zps5e42b020.jpg

IMG_2368_exposure_zpsb029a91c.jpg
All of these pictures are very cute - but the first pictures with the strand of saliva (do frogs have saliva...?) is just precious!

From what I read these stay buried most of the time and only come out during the rainy season to feed, shed and mate. They make boring pets. Still... I NEED ONE!

Or one of these...

"Glass Frog: A living transparent amphibian native to rainforest."

487499_395863130509696_1186114507_n.jpg
That guy is super cool. Probably, he'd be my first choice should I ever get a frog. :p

Breviceps adspresus

P2140178.JPG

P2140180.JPG
Is this a puppy-dog eyes look? :tt1: Or a staring contest? :blink:

Either way, I'm sure we'll all be the first to give in!

:shifty: "Hey arch-nemesis from elementary school. Think you're so good at staring contests, eh? Bet you can't beat my [insert dramatic pause and magician flourish] FROG!!!"

Haha! :) I kept frogs given to me by my grandparents, aunts, and cousins from their backyards. Once we even had a toad. Frogs are very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bullfrog defensive scream is quite disturbing when you're in the middle of the woods at night and you hear it.

From what I read these stay buried most of the time and only come out during the rainy season to feed, shed and mate. They make boring pets. Still... I NEED ONE!

Or one of these...

"Glass Frog: A living transparent amphibian native to rainforest."

487499_395863130509696_1186114507_n.jpg
Yes rain frogs are boring, they do stay buried most of the time and like the few others to get them here from Madagascar we were not successfull in raising the eggs and tadpoles this species with many others from Madagascar will be extinct soon with no living relatives in captivity as they are short lived species.

Glass frogs are easy, most have come in through UnderStoryEnterprises.com via Mark Pepper you can get them for about $165 each and incase you dont know they pretty much stay about the size of a quarter and eat Hydei as a staple diet, I have friends now hoping to be the first to successfully breed these in the States but their in for a long tad pole stage which is 2 yrs average.

Latest posts