• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Narrow Winged Mantids WANTED

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jplelito

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone along the eastern part of the US, esp. Maryland/Delaware area, had access to an old field where they might find some Tenodera angustipennis - the narrow winged mantid. I would like to get ahold of some to compare to the more common Chinese mantid during my pheromone experiments. The Chinese mantids here in PA are maturing now, so these should be along in the next week or two.

Let me know if you have some in your area. I do ask that if you have some, that you take a picture of their forelegs and/or wings so I know it is not just the Chinese mantid. Some people have confused them and I already have plenty of Chinese.

PM me here. Thank you!

~Jon

BUMP

Nobody wants to make a few bucks and help out a fellow mantid geek? :blink:

I can cover shipping and a small fee if you'll collect... but they need to be T. angustipennis!

Send me a PM!

I may be able to help you out.

I plan on going to my local park where i have found narrow wings before.

If i come across any i will PM you.

I have them near me and am trying to find a pair. When I do I will let you know. Should be able to get ooths too.

Latest posts