Natural history of the orchid mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisherman_Brazil

Reaction score
Natural history of the orchid mantids

P1011081.jpg

P1011082.jpg

dang thats cool. i think the 6th stage looked smaller than the 5th stage lol. wow 3rd to 4th stage is a huge jump in size! dam! :p

I really like this, Luke. ;) It's an interesting and creative treatment of the life cycle history of the orchid mantis. And it's aesthetically very pleasing. Most people (like me, lol) aren't patient enough to keep, protect, and save all of the shed skins of one mantis from young nymph to adult. You are lucky to have gotten nicely intact skins each time also. Very nice job!!! :)

Edit: Hey, you could always try putting your eyeballs in that resin. It appears to do a good job of preventing further deterioration! :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this, Luke. ;) It's an interesting and creative treatment of the life cycle history of the orchid mantis. And it's aesthetically very pleasing. Most people (like me, lol) aren't patient enough to keep, protect, and save all of the shed skins of one mantis from young nymph to adult. You are lucky to have gotten nicely intact skins each time also. Very nice job!!! :) Edit: Hey, you could always try putting your eyeballs in that resin. It appears to do a good job of preventing further deterioration! :p :lol:
I keep many orchids at several stages, so it's been relatively easy to put them altogether like this.

Nice collection Luke, it takes time and patient! well done!

Also, is that for female orchid shed? I thought there should be 8 molts for orchid female before turning adult.

Nice collection Luke, it takes time and patient! well done!Also, is that for female orchid shed? I thought there should be 8 molts for orchid female before turning adult.
When I work in the mid-night, there is always come alone with a glass of whisky!

Latest posts