NEED HELP FAST

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckybamguy

Reaction score
Hey im a newb.. i just got a chinese mantis...maybe 5 weeks old. I think the breeder said he was L3.

Can i start feeding him crickets.. or wax worms

or any other stuff beside fruit flies

tnx please help...please help

Ok, This one can probably take house flies and small crickets. Yeah so this is the feeding standard. For me at least... Feed it stuff 1/3 of the mantids size. Now since this is your only mantis and stuff you can baby it! I baby some of my mantids by feeding them a little dab of honey. They go CRAZY for it!!!

I had the same problem and i got really worried when my mantis just sat at the top for a week and didn't eat the crickets. i thought maybe the crickets were too big. But after a few crickets when it was starved, it molted and could easily tackle 'em. Mine is now about 5th instar and doing great. Keep trying small crickets and if it is always at the top then push the crickets through the netting right in front of it at the top. It will see it and grab it hopefully. Also, wow robo mantis, i didn't know they ate honey, i gotta try that some time.

Latest posts