Nepethenes ‘Miranda’

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks crazy4mantis that might be a while then, lol it doesnt cool down around here till late dec or jan.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. well something big and active so you can see it. maybe a h. membranacea? you don't want more than one, lol. it may be dangerous with the hot lights and such around the room, as well as all the hiding places.

i WOULDNT LET ANY MANTIS LOOSE IN A FROGROOM. All it takes is for one to sneak into a thumbnail tank and youll be sorry. Worlds most expensive mantis snack

Lol yeah. A membranacea could easily take down a dart of any size except the 2 in. + ones. I thought you meant it might accidently get poked by thumbtacks. :D

have you tried sundews? they may be more affective for fruit fliies. though you would be limited in growing them where they get bright light from the window... i also have a N. miranda, i hardly ever see many fruit flies in them when i trim off their dead pitchers

I'm keeping 2 types of sundews in my yard. Just cant seem to keep them alive in tanks in the house. And JackTopus when do you cut your pitchers off I wait till they are shriveled up and brown

Last edited by a moderator: