New at this !

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
Hey to all you guys, ive just got into the whole mantid scene and have done fine so far . 10 days in totall , got the keeping aliens book and another book but some things im confused about.. all i have at the moment is a madigascan marbled female (L 4 / 5 / 6 ) not sure exactly .. she about 2" and just molted last night ! now she hasnt touched her food .... she was stalking a cricket earlier and even came within reach .. but she just hanging upside down again with the cric cowering in the corner ! do you think her appitite will pick up again soon ? and one more question .. i asked this guy who worked in the northamton reptile centre ( which also does mantids , spiders ect ) and he said feeding her on crickets will be fine , but the books and most of you guys say vary the diet ... so what do you suggest !!!

yours gratefully

Newby Neil !!! :D

If she's just moulted she won't hunt straight away, give her 24/48 hours. As for diet, feed her on browns, blacks and small locusts.

and then theres wax worms/moths, mealy worms, house flies/fruit flies(buy the maggots from a fishing tackle shop), roaches the list is endless, basicly anything as long as it isnt poisonous or has a sting or venom

and waheey another british mantid keeper! :D

Mine eat almost nothing but crickets. During the summer I will go out and catch wild food though. I have had good luck with a 99% cricket diet. YOu just have to feed the crickets a healthy diet. I feed my crickets various leafy greens, cat food, fish food flakes, misc. fruits and veggies.

Thankx guys ... she eating better than ever now !!! it's nice to get some reassurance from the experts ( A.K.A. You guys ) and thanks again

cheers Newby Neil !!!

:D

Latest posts