new cage

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received couple more smaller cages from Tony, he even engraved couple of mantis and my name on the cage :D

cage6.jpg

cage5.jpg

OMG YENS GOT HIS OWN BRAND HE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH HIS MANTIDS ON SEROIDS ARMY!!!!! RUNNNNNNN!!!! :lol: :lol:

I am glad everyone likes Yens engraved cage. If you like that, you should see what I can do with a photograph.

I LOVE WORKING WITH ACRYLIC :lol:

seriously, make a few dozen sell them to a pet store, see how they do.

repeat

profit!

then ship out across the globe!

I would love to make these commercially, but at this time I cannot. Currently I am using a $125,000.00 machine at work to make them and I just cannot afford to invest this kind of money into my hobby. My boss lets me make a few cages here and there, but I know that he will not let me make them to sell. I have traded a few to add to my mantid collection and I do make a few here and there to sell but I cannot commit completly. If you are interested, contact and mabay we can work something out. I am also pricing some smaller machines so that one day I might be able to make these at home. I think I have one or two cages already made if anyone is intrested.

Thanks for everyones postive comments

Tony

If we all truly believe that it's a good idea, let's have someone tell Tony's boss. He'll do it if he expects to make a profit, right?

That's a pretty awesome cage! I wonder which mantis is going in there.
I have my dead leaf mantis in there, they are doing alright with the cage so far. But i am flooded (not by the rain although it has been wet in Texas) by all the nymphs and hatchling right now i am going to give up all the D. Dessicata soon, but i am keeping D. lobata for now.

Yen you should be getting a two more cages within the next couple days, hopefully that will help you out with your flood. Let me know what you think of them

Wow, that is great! Nice workmanship engraver. Were you using a laser cabinet for the etching and cutting, or a CNC?

Cheers,

Reggie