New from Texas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylineblinkfan

Reaction score
I have been a member on here for a while, i love reading anything and everything about mantids. I finnally decided to make my first post and post up pics of my mantis, Scarby.

I found her on april 23rd out at the scarborough fair that comes to town every year. She was the smallest little mantis, and she was and is my first mantis.

332rmo0.jpg

L1 This is the day i found her.

o9raea.jpg
This is her after her first molt. Now she is a bright green.

29xu1ds.jpg
This was after her next molt.

2h81vmw.jpg
and after the next.

2eun38l.jpg

jutrb9.jpg
and then BAM she turned tan.

wb7535.jpg
this huge fly would not let go of the cage so she ate him while he held on for dear life.

2nqgqo9.jpg
and after one more molt she is a brownish tan color.

Hope you enjoyed the pics. lemme know what you think. o and every pic was taken with a camera phone. sorry for the poor quality.

Welcome from Yuma, AZ!

P.S. Forgive me for asking, but is the baby in the fhe first pic drinking from the wrong end of the bottle? :D
HA HA! Phil! you crack me up! Trust you to notice the "something is wrong with this picture!" I had to go back and try to figure out the baby bottle situation. I can't figure out which way the baby is facing. If facing away from the camera... the baby does seem to be drinking from the wrong end. If facing toward the camera... the bottle may have just fallen on the baby's head!

Scarby - is the baby yours?

Yes the baby is mine. He just turned a year in june. And hes facing the camera laying down holding the bottle up in the air lol and the phone is great it is a sony erricson c905a it has an 8 megapixel camera