New fruit fly feeding system. with instructional pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisfu

Reaction score
I have recieved a lot of questions about how the new feeding system I posted works. See the pictures below to get an idea of how it works.

The system is available by emailing me or through my site at Deadlymantis.com

Step 1, tapp flies to bottom of container and remove sponge stopper

P8140005.jpg

Step 2, attach funnel adapter

P8140004.jpg

Step 3, remove red cap and tap flies into any mantis habitat or vial. Repeat step 3 untill all mantis are fed.

P8140003.jpg

Step 4, tap flies to bottom, remove funnel adapter and replace sponge.

P8140002.jpg

P8140001.jpg

This is a picture of the whole kit. The containers are reusable and you just alternate loading each container for continuous supplie of flies.

P8100003.jpg

Email me with questions or comments [email protected]

it is a fluit flie culture bottle. The design is good for shipping as it helps prevent the media from moving around so much, it produces a lot of flies. Not as much as a 32 oz culture, but it is more efficient.

Interesting idea but it's basically the same thing I do with a small funnel that requires less steps. And then the funnel can be used to transfer the flies into the mantids container.

The individual steps actually take about 2 seconds to attach the funnel addapter This allows you to use only one hand to feed, the other hand can be to open the lids, it works like a charm, my 8 and 6 year old boys use it to help out with the nymphs.

So nice, and very good idea, my system is quite common, but yours is better !

I will try in this way, thanks

A 32oz comes with more, but unless you have a ton of nymphs at one time, This one makes enough. The 32oz ones usually have a lot of flys that just die and go to waste. Theis makes it more efficient so a lesser amount of media can last for months.

Reggie that was a great idea. Glad to see more breeders putting in thought on this hobby. Will pm you on the 32 oz one i need to feed lot of nymphs your feeding system will help lazy guy like me!! By the way the other feeding system arrived safely i will check it out later today, thanks Reggie!

Latest posts