New Guy, Help? :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weird, alright then I can't wait to buy some new mantids, so should I get an ooth or some nymphs? Hopefully i can score some Idolo's from frey > :D

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif
I remember the first time I saw mine eat something! I still sit and watch them tear through things all the time! I think you're hooked! And to answer your other question, you should probably just get nymphs to start off. Ooths can be tricky, and you can wait 8 weeks for disappointment. You don't have that with nymphs!

###### YES!!!!! HE's EATING!!!! OMFG it's so awesome haha! i've waited three days to see him tear something up. went for the smaller one surprisingly
Congrats on getting it to eat. Although I've never had a male Chinese mantid, I once did kept European mantid males and that's what they did - ate the smaller prey (well not too small of course). It probably won't eat as often as a female, but at least it's eating, then it's good.

Huh, I figured he'd go for the big juicy prey first. My girlfriend is getting into the mantis fever too now lol. She's snapping pics of him like crazy. Got some really cool ones of him on top of the katanas :D

Welcome, I am waiting for my chinese male to have his last molt. I hope he will be as big as yours, btw, nice avatar. :D

hey, he looks like my guy, except a lot bigger. I keep Christopher outside in one of my flower beds. He just shed? about a week ago. So much bigger and with wings. We had a lot of rain here a few days ago and I thought he split but found him again in the flower bed yesterday. I take him for walks around the yard, looking for food and, so far, he hasn't tried to fly away. (He flies onto my head sometimes.) :) When he was a little guy I fed him cat food and he took it gladly. My question, how long should I expect to have him around and do they like sun or sun part shade?

Latest posts