New in the forum but veteran in Mantis knowledge

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domanating

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm Guilherme from Portugal. Or bug kid from my school mates :D . I'm 17 and i breed praying-mantises since i was 6, as far as i can remember at least. In here there is no such thing as selling and buying mantids since they thrive everywhere and in a nice summer day, if you know where to look, you can find a whole bunch of them. During mating season you don't even have too find them, they come to you, lol. Anyway because of this I've already caught god knows how many praying mantises during these years. Some i remember very well, some i don't at all, only with pictures of them as reminders. Of course at that age i had many losses and kept learning with mistakes and stupid mistakes i made. No one in my family had the courage to handle or even getting close to any bug so it was up to me to take care of them.

Since last year i had an idea. Instead of tossing away the poor dead mantids to the yard or garbage i decided to preserve them by putting them in small bottles and filling them with alcohol. It sort of a collection. I keep a mantid, i breed it, i treat it and when it dies for whatsoever reason, down it goes to a bottle full of alcohol. Each bottle has a label with it's name and date of birth/death.

I was searching for the thing i less know about mantids, their diseases. I found quite some answers in this forum and i feel i going to like being here :)

Now, THAT would be one hekk of a bottle of tequila! :lol: Oh, wait, different kind of alcohol, right? :p

Welcome to the forum! You'll find plenty of folks here willing to share their knowledge!

-Carey Kurtz-

Latest posts