New mantid owner in Plattsburgh, NY!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyMyth729

Reaction score
Hello! I just picked up the hobby at the beginning of July and I already have 6 young mantids! It's addicting! I have 2 Chinese, 2 giant shields, and 2 giant Asians and I love them all! 

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome4.gif

It appears you are a fan of the larger species, your Giant Asian mantids (Hierodula membranacea) should easily dwarf the others in pure girth and length as adults. :D Any photos to share?

I tried uploading pics but unfortunately it's not working :(

Yeah my giant asians are definitely the biggest I have of the 3 breeds, they're around an L5..absolutely love them! I even brought them to the barI work at and they got lots of attention! Lol 

@hibiscusmile thank you! You run Mantisplace, right? I've been ordering alot of stuff from you!! Love your site..and your hexagon and round enclosures are awesome..my mantids love them!

@StormyMyth729 The forum photo space for members is very limited, and has been problematic for most lately too.

The best option is to use a image host, such as one of the free sites like PostImages, Imgur, Flickr, etc, and paste the direct link for it (see your hosts FAQ) in a forum post and the forum shows it as a photo.

Much like my custom emojis and such that I have hosted, and with a simple HTML page of their links, I drag and drop them into my posts.
games1.gif