New mantids joining my family

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anleoflippy

Reaction score
So in my previous Topic : http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...07&hl=Kudat

I was searching for mantids in the paddy fields and guess how many mantids I got.

10 mantids and still alive right now so everyday I catch Grasshoppers, spiders, damselflies and anything that the Mantis can take it down at my front yard and back yard...

So here are the species and I will post my photos, the reason I did not post its because My camera Fell down on the floor and broke into pieces :( . But luckily the memory card is still fine (I hope)

Species:

5 Hierodula Trimaculata: 2 females and 3 males

3 Tenodera fasciata: All males

and suprisingly I did not get Deroplatys Desiccta but I did found:

Euchomenella Heteroptera (Malaysian Long Neck Mantis): 1 male and 1 female...

Euchomenella Heteroptera is the longest mantis Ive ever seen. the male is 8.3 cm while the female is 10 cm...

I will try to post my pics...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, it seems like the Memory card is broken, guess I have to buy a new memory card and a camera... :(

@Chase: Not really, the First day I caught the 3 Tenodera fasciata in the paddy fields, on the the second day I only found 1 Euchomenella Heteroptera Male in the paddy fields also but near the forest, Third day I only found 2 Hierodula Trimaculata males and 1 more Euchomenella Heteroptera in the paddy fields and on the forth and last day in my hometown, 3 H.Trimaculata in the basement of my aunts cottage, 2 females and 1 male, how did they get there...???

@hibiscusmile: Yes it is, today it is still harvesting season in my hometown (Kudat) so who knows how many more species of Mantids there.

Last edited by a moderator: