New Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moghue

Reaction score
I just ecieved my new mantids( well i got them last week) from bugsincyberspace. They are B.mendica and boy are they so tiny. when my daughter opened the box to check on them she said at first she almost didnt think anything was in the containers lol. luckily i had fruitflys small enough for the( i also have poison dart frogs). i will say they are eating machines. I thought there was no way they could tackle a fruit fly but WOW did they ever habdle them. i cant wait to get some different type of mantids now. I think i am hooked. oh and no pics sorry they are way to small and i dont want to end up losing them

lol i believe that. It was that way when i first started keeping tarantulas. Only difference this time is i am not going overboard with anything again

lol i believe that. It was that way when i first started keeping tarantulas. Only difference this time is i am not going overboard with anything again
Haha famous last words. 6 months from now we will see how many you have :D

lol yea i know. Really this time i mean it. One thing i have going for me is i dont like to have to have things shipped to me lol. so unless i find a lot of people who have some for sale local to me or very close i think i will be able to keep it under control.

these guys are growing quick. They molted (if thats the right word) once for me already. i did find out they are little pigs. they never seem to get enough food lol

One small benefit mantises have in that regard is they do have much shorter lifespans. It is a bummer loosing them so soon, but it also means if you start to feel overwhelmed you can easily just step back from new purchases and what you have will drop in numbers on its own as the mantises age out.

Latest posts