New member and owner

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Robin and I and my mantids live in Maine. I am a new owner and am trying breeding for the first time.

My mantids came from Mantis Place and they are all great. I chose my oldest mantid's name of Sticky to use for myself here. He is special and quite a character! He is the oldest. He has 3 back legs thanks to a bad molt. I clipped off the bad black part and later he removed the rest himself. He is getting abit senile I think, he seems to get angry about nothing and chew my finger, but it does not hurt. I laugh about it with a friend and say he has wooden teeth! We love him.

Then there is Martha, she has a personality as big as the universe! I took her outside alot and visit

neighbors or wait out for the mail. She is well known! I named her for a lady who owns a cafe, Martha's of course! I will leave other stories about my others for later.

I am concerned about my girl, Martha.

She is a Heirodula Multispina and her tummy is huge. It has been well over a week, closer to two since she mated. She has eaten her mate so she is so tight she is shiny. I am worried about her.

I got her some apple branches afew days ago but she has done nothing to lay.I went today and got some cherry to mix in the bottle of branches wondering if that be better.

Any advise I can get will be most welcome!

Hello Robin! nice storys, good to see u r enjoying them. The fat little girl should lay an ooth soon for you, some species like the ghost and walli like to have a smooth stick to lay on, others like yours will probably lay on the container, but time will tell, give her one piece of food a day for awhile, as she does not seem to need more, and give her water every day.

Hello Robin! nice storys, good to see u r enjoying them. The fat little girl should lay an ooth soon for you, some species like the ghost and walli like to have a smooth stick to lay on, others like yours will probably lay on the container, but time will tell, give her one piece of food a day for awhile, as she does not seem to need more, and give her water every day.
Thanks so much! I will simplify Martha's home and wait. I love her so I want it all to go right for her.

Hello. Did you see Martha and Harry mate before he got chomped?

Update: Martha laid her ooth last night. It is a beautiful blue green color. It is big too. Now only time will tell if it is fertile or not.

Last edited by a moderator: