New member from snowy Vermont!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossymantis

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm Alex, a teenager from VT, USA, and I only recently discovered my enthusiasms for mantids and immediately did a ton of research on them. I just bought a Hierodula sp. blue L2 3 from USMANTIS a couple days ago, but it's so cold up here that we're going to need to wait until it gets warmer to ship it. I got a little ahead of myself with excitement. I can't wait to have the little guy in my home! The terrarium is all set and ready to be occupied. 

I'm excited to learn more!

Hello Alex and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Few sellers wait due to weather (primarily arachnid/reptile dealers), but most insect sellers do not see BugsInCyberspace, MantisPlace, and PanTerra Pets. I find winter is a good time to get various insects/pets as a simple 72-hour heat pack keeps them toasty and no worries of them cooking in the box left in a summer sun. Of course overnight shipping is the best way to go year round if you can afford it.

Welcome! Yeah, 72-hour heat packs work wonders, I have shipped many mantises in the winter to places as cold as Vermont, and never lost a single one due to cold!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Should I contact the seller and suggest a heating pack? It makes a lot of sense, however I also don't want to tell the seller what to do, he's a professional after all and has done this for a few years. Perhaps it won't hurt.

hy & Welcome Alex   Enthusiasm is wonderful to have seem we all get ahead of ourselves one time or other.

Cold weather shipping is nerve raking , I am waiting on a shipment that is late rite now.

Cheers from Canada.... Serle

Heyas and welcome.

The delay might be a blessing in disguise.    Have you planned out how to handle the live food?

I thought I had every thing covered as a new mantis keeper. Miscalculated a bit on when I needed larger flies but it all got sorted out.

Latest posts