new orchid mantis enclosure

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

Reaction score
heres' a couple pictures of my new orchid mantis terrarium. the last picture is my dart frog terrarium.

082.PNG

081.PNG

080.JPG

079.JPG

063.JPG

Very nice tank! You can tell you are a Dart frog owner without even having to say it. :D Tanks like that give it away, it did for another member here.
laugh.gif

I'm getting ready to set-up another one for a female i want to try and breed them. I'll post more pictures when i'm done.

Ok, so I had my orchid mantis in a 12x12x18 exo terra terrarium but after a 3 weeks I figured it was just to big so i moved him into a 8x8x12 exo terra here's a couple pictures.

030.PNG

029.PNG

026.JPG

That tank is awesome to... I am going to have to try a natural one... Question I see the M in the background... anything to do with Michigan?

I grew up in Grand Rapids I've been in phoenix for 12 years. I enjoy the natural tank as much as the mantis!! LOL GO BLUE!

I grew up in Grand Rapids I've been in phoenix for 12 years. I enjoy the natural tank as much as the mantis!! LOL GO BLUE!
LOL... Go Blue!

Someday I will be transplanted in AZ.... I have been there 3 times... and just love it!

Love your enclosures!

Great habitat, I really love the 2nd one - the mantis doesn't get completely lost. :D

This is a dream's vivarium.

Your mantis it's more happy. perfect habitat. of how much care he needs? how much time to devote to the care of the vivarium? the plants need of such care? how to administer the insects from meal? ilscusa for questions but for me this is really what I would have in the future ..

LOL... Go Blue!

Someday I will be transplanted in AZ.... I have been there 3 times... and just love it!

Love your enclosures!
Something to think about, Denise: Arizona is a beautiful place to be in the winter. Now is the perfect time to be here!

However, be aware that mid-April to October can be brutal. As if the days are not hot enough, some summers the night lows do not get below 80 degrees for weeks.

Don't get me wrong - some parts of Arizona are beautiful - in their own way.

That being said, I will have to move out of the state soon because the weather and dirt here both make me really sick - that's with AC and air filters.

Not to keep anyone from coming to the state (there are those who love that you do not have to shovel the sun) but I am sure Michigan is beautiful in the summer.

This is a dream's vivarium.

Your mantis it's more happy. perfect habitat. of how much care he needs? how much time to devote to the care of the vivarium? the plants need of such care? how to administer the insects from meal? ilscusa for questions but for me this is really what I would have in the future ..
I take about an 1 hour a week to clean the terrarium and trim the plants I mist every morning and I put 3-4 crickets a week in there thats about it. once its setup maintenance is very minimal. I have the lights on a timer so the plants get 10 hours of light I have a CFL 19watt 6500k light bulb for the plants to grow and it gives off the perfect amount of heat very basic setup.

Is a exoterra terrarium?

I thought would serve more maintenance. remains a great fantastic vivarium. congratulations.