New Pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantibama

Reaction score
A buddy of mine came by and took some pics, he gave me permission to go ahead and post them, so here goes:

Mantids1_20091207_0002edited.jpg

Mantids1_20091207_0005_edited.jpg

Mantids1_20091207_0017_edited1.jpg

and here's one from me:

budwinglava.jpg

Hope you liked them!

Thanks for the comments everyone! :D My mystery mantis from Rebecca turned out to be an M. paykulli (haven't looked to hard for sex) that molted to adult today. I really like the wings so I'm going to try and post more pics in a couple of days.

cool pic's! :) is that a sub-adult ghost male, adult female budwing?
Nailed it on the head!

Nice photos. The one you took is very rave/techno-like lol.
lol Thanks! That's a poster of lava flowing into the ocean that I picked up from Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were these from your friend's camera again? I wonder why they all have an orangish hue. :mellow: Otherwise, the P. paradoxa looks great! ;)
Whitebalance ;)

Edit: Sorry should have explained more though i was responding to Katnapper not Bryce since he didn't ask the question and she knows what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, you guys have it all wrong, I just have a giant glowing orange disco ball that circles around in my room 24/7. I figured the orange color would give me a unique style. ;) Actually those last shots were from my camera. It's my mom's camera and I'm too inexperienced to have learned the settings yet, but I'll try to figure it out. You think a semester of photography in high school would of taught me something, but I was young and I had other things on my mind like girls and parties. :p The camera (or operator) is just not good enough! I can't get the mantis focused up close, when I try to take pictures really close the picture actually aims lower than the viewfinder, when I zoom it looks terrible, and when I back away enough for the mantis to appear focused and try and crop the image it still ends up blurry when I upload it onto my computer. I chalk it up to a lack of knowledge, experience, and equipment, but maybe someday I'll get the time and money. Till then, enjoy my fuzzy orange pictures! :lol: