New sarracenia purpurea came today!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spark

Reaction score
P1020997.jpg

He's just a little thing as yet.

P1020999.jpg

I think I'm going to let him just sit in the terrarium in his pot for a week or so, to let him get over the shock of getting shipped, before I dig up the terrarium and plant him in it.

*cough* I wouldn't recommend trying to collect them in the wild. I'm pretty sure there are some legal issues there...

A quick search on google will turn up TONS of carnivorous plant sites and resources. I bought this little guy from Black Jungle Terrarium Supply. There are plenty of other people who sell them too, including a few on ebay. :) They're very easy to come by.

A little harder to keep healthy though, they are NOT like ordinary houseplants, they require special care.

I used to be good at it, something happened to my green thumb, it turned black and fell off, and somebody stepped on it and smashed it to smitherines! :rolleyes:

I used to be good at it, something happened to my green thumb, it turned black and fell off, and somebody stepped on it and smashed it to smitherines! :rolleyes:
I never was good at it. When I was a kid I used to experiment and tried "helping" Mom's plants by injecting their stems with a fertilizer/water mixture. I used one of the syringes we injected our pigs with (we raised feeder hogs). Never could understand why those plants didn't appreciate all the extra time, attention, and excellent care and nutrients I was giving them. :rolleyes: They would just die, lol. So much for Becky the house plant grower! :p