New setup!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeistyMcGrudle

Reaction score
Found a nice shelving unit and re-arranged and consolidated my setup yesterday! The aquarium was on a coffee table and everything else was musical enclosures that I would constantly have to move. This way I have easy access to all my babies! Just to get an idea of what your're looking at, the aquarium haphazardly positioned on top is a 29 gallon terrarium that is currently the 'love shack' or the breeding terrarium. I modified it to have a removable plexiglass divider, and my two adult male ghost currently reside in them--when the Idolos get bigger this will be their permanent homes. My idolos are on the second shelf down on the right with a 75w heat lamp. My two female ghosts are on the same shelf but on the left--they are in laying enclosures filled with sticks of random sizes and they really seem to like the smaller enclosures to lay. My L2 orchids are also on the second shelf, as well as my incubated ghost ooth. Pictured is also my feeder fridge and a humidifier. Not pictured is the portable AC unit that is just set to low fan that is blowing on the whole shebang. Thanks for looking!

IMG_20190519_134143.jpg

Awesome setup! Very convenient.

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally get it lol my family hates to open the fridge  LOL and I'm sure it's more sanitary for them to have their own. I'm in the process of working on an outside room/area for my mantis. They will have Heat/AC/Humidifier &  Fans. It's still a ways away from completion so now I'm adding a small fridge to the list of needs.  How many species are you working with atm and how many Idolos do you have? Idolos are my dream species :)

@Granny's Mantis Mayhem I only have two Idolos. I was sent three but one died the day after I had received them at L2--still no clue as to why. I have three species, Ghosts (my most far-along species, all adult), Idolos (the teens at L5, lol), and Orchids (the babies L2).

I'd love to see what you come up with!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts