New to forum

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaybe

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Amy and I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I currently have two mantids , and am very interested in collecting more to study and draw. I am a scientific artist. I have a tattoo of a mantis I drew on my bicep. They inspire me in many ways. I have a lot of work based on them, have made wire models, paintings, other sculptures and even a comic story. I am willing to share with anyone interested! My blog is http://apfelkatzen.tumblr.com. I have a lot of work on there in addition to my art site http://colloblastula.deviantart.com. I joined the site to learn more about how to care for my new pets and also to purchase new ones. As you all are aware these are fascinating little aliens and I have a strong connection to them!

Thank you

Amy Grein

Welcome. I don't think your links are working. I am interested in seeing your art. I was just in Baltimore and visited DC. Stayed at the Hilton by BWI. I loved the sound of cicadas. I miss that sound from camping as a youth. Good luck with your mantis adventure.

Welcome from Yuma! Your links are broken because they need a / after com instead of a . :)

You will find several other deviant artists on here, so watch for the secret handshake, and several members are into insectivorous plants. You're home!

Oh, and I enjoyed your art!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bunch of carnivorous plants too I forgot to mention. I have a hard time keeping them alive though :( I think its because I need to keep them in some type of green house with humidity. There is a guy who has a carnivorous plant stand at the Baltimore Flower Mart every year in May. Three years ago when I found him I was immediately hooked. This year I purchased a large, tropical pitcher plant. It is doing well, but the smaller pitcher plants are harder for me to keep for some reason. Thank you for checking out my artwork. I have some displayed at a pie shop in Canton Baltimore, if any of you are from Baltimore.

my tumblr blog

deviantart

there are some links if the others didnt work. I am currently trying to get some of the idolomantis diabolicas and the spiny flower mantis :)

have a good day everyone!