new to mantid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bono007

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the hobby and do not have any currently, except which live in the back yard. But, I am lurking all your threads and will be acquiring one within the next month.

I dont know yet, I want an Hymenopus coronatus but those are extremely hard to find. I used to breed birds so i have an excellent "brooder" for them. I keeps a constent temp and humity.

Orchids delaers pop up here and there but they should not be a beginer species as they need specific requirements. Oh and they are really expensive. I bought mine at kind of like at an auction when me and this other guy wanted it. He gave up at $50 bucks. Good thing it was my birhtday recently and I had some B-Day money

I recommend starting with a Creobroter or Ghost mantis they are hardy and aggressive. Or you should start with the natives out in your garden

I agree I have seen the Chinese varity here, They are pretty common and I think I will capture one of those little buggers when they come out. I have 2 ooth's on my lilac bush but have not seen anything from they yet. I check daily but I am afraid that if I get one too small I would not be able to properly care for it.

I agree I have seen the Chinese varity here, They are pretty common and I think I will capture one of those little buggers when they come out. I have 2 ooth's on my lilac bush but have not seen anything from they yet. I check daily but I am afraid that if I get one too small I would not be able to properly care for it.
oh, you just buy a fruit fly coulture and a funnel and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the forums

Harry

Welcome from Minnesota!

I actually have some L2 Hymenopus coronatus nymphs but haven't posted an ad. I agree with Hertarem45 and wouldn't recommend them as your first species.

Send me a private message if you'd like to try Spiny Flower Mantis (Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii) or Oxyopsis gracilis. I also have Texas Unicorn and b mendica nymphs, but they are are more an intermediate level in my opinion....

yes, welcome.

read alot of the posts and when you are ready there are a number of "easier" "exotic" species.

personally i like the ghost mantis...easy to find, care for and every one of my friends who see one for the first time are floored.

Ya. I would take those ooths indoors as they always hatch at the most of unusual of times.

My ooth hatched as I was leaving to go on vacation! We were late 40 minutes cause I had to put them in the right cage

Fruitfly cultures are fine for the nymphs go to a pet store and buy some for 8 bucks

welcome! orchids are probably one of the harder ones to take care of...humidity levels are very high, but I see your familiar with that....very unique and cool species though :D texas unicorns are very cool

Good to have you on here. Chinese are great and free range. I brought four home yesterday and now they're runnin all over the M. garden.

Have fun :clover: