New to mantids but not not new to proper pet keeping

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinna

Reaction score
Well, I'm defiantly new here.

Right now I'm still waiting for my chinese mantises to hatch. Im quite(really) new to mantids, but I am great at pet keeping.

Like, my betta fish (koi plakat) has a 5.5 gallon with a heater and filter all to himself. like, holy . 

my favorite mantis is probably the orchid mantis or spiny flower mantis. right now I'm trying to get ahold of one but I can't find one in stock anywhere.

And neither are appropriate for you if just starting out xD. Not all mantids have the same care. However, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around and what you learn with your first mantids. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

And neither are appropriate for you if just starting out xD. Not all mantids have the same care. However, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around and what you learn with your first mantids. :)
lol yea. right now (or once the ooth hatches) I'll see if i'm any good at mantis keeping.

Welcome to the world of Mantis keeping! This hobby can be quite addicting! We started off with just a few...said thats all we wanted. HA! 12 species later we love every one of them. As a previous poster stated, some will perish as nymphs as they are cannibalistic and it is always sad to see a pet pass on after old age but if you have bred them and have ooths left behind; it is somewhat comforting to know part of them goes on.  :wub:  Good Luck and remember to poke through the forums. There is lots of helpful info on here and never be afraid to ask questions! :)  

Latest posts