Newest addition

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maybon

Reaction score
So I took a trip to my local Bunnings (hardware store) and picked up a cabinet that I built. Which I think is going to be a good way to store and keep my mantid hobby neat and organized :D should mention the cabinet is about 1.4 meters tall, oh right in feet... ummm 4.6foot tall there you go measurements you understand haha ;)

IMG_0833.jpg

I have a female & male fighting fish also; the female refuses to mate. And then 4 boxes with 8 compartments each of 4"x4"x5.5" I am pretty sure this will do me for now for when I get some babies hatched and growing up yay!

IMG_0834.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@maybon- what is the white stuff lining the small enclosures cause im putting together my new idolo terrarium and i want to know what i should line the top with.

Last edited by a moderator:
@maybon- what is the white stuff lining the small enclosures cause im putting together my new idolo terrarium and i want to know what i should line the top with.
It is stuff called "placemat grip" I see it all the time in $2 shops and at local supermarkets etc. It is sort of a semi-sticky material almost plastic and almost fabric... I don't know how to describe it better than that. Good luck finding some though it should be everywhere if USA shops are anything like Australian ones.

Do the mantids like the grip stuff ok? Ive just been using polyethalene mesh but that ###### aint cheap
Yeah they all seem to love it and best of all none has come unstuck during cleaning and it has not grown any mold so far. Even the species that struggle to hang on to surfaces seem to find this easy to grip on to.

Latest posts