Nice to Meet You!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm hyrulelegend091! I thought this would be a good first post to get used to the forum setup and say a little bit about myself :)

My name is Reagan! I'm 16 years old and from Atlanta, GA. Here are a few of my interests:

Animals: In a couple of weeks, I will have a total of 14 pets (counting individual fish). I have a dog (Cavachon), two cats (lynx point Siamese mix, black and white longhair), a turtle (red-eared slider), five betta fish (two veiltails, one halfmoon, two rose petal), a freshwater tank with two goldfish and one minnow (were supposed to be food for the turtle but he didn't eat them haha), and I am currently preparing environments for an axolotl and a mantis! I love taking care of animals and teaching other people about pet care.

Books: I love reading! I really like most genres. Currently, I'm reading two books: The Man Who Touched His Heart and Red Queen.

TV Shows: I don't often have time to watch shows, but when I do I love Criminal Minds, The Blacklist, Death Note, Yuri!!! On ICE, and Psycho Pass.

Subjects: My favorite subjects are math and science, but I love learning in general and will happily listen to anyone who wants to teach!

Travel: I really love traveling also! I've been to 21 different countries and 18 different U.S states. On day I hope to visit every U.S state and at least half of all of the countries.

Sports: I really enjoy figure skating! Some of my favorite skaters are Nathan Chen, Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Javier Fernandez, Nam Nguyen, Kevin Reynolds, Keegan Messing, Ashley Wagner, Alina Zagitova, and Mirai Nagasu. I've started skating lessons myself after quitting dance after 12 years, and it's really fun so far! I'm on Basic 3 and 4 for USFSA levels. I also enjoy skiing when I have a chance to go to Colorado.

Games: I like video games too! I'm currently working on Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm going for 100%, and it's taking forever  <_<

Nice to meet you! Those are a lot of my current interests! I'm really excited to join this forum!

-R :wub:  

Fishlore: @hyrulelegend091

Instagram: @r.jacobsun and @shutupaboutskatingalready

Twitter: @sci3nc3addict

Pinterest: @mysteryanon

@hyrulelegend091 Welcome to the forum Reagan! Axolotls are really cool I remember someone selling some on the forum and I missed my chance. What mantis are you interested in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you’ve traveled a lot! I’d also be interested in hearin what mantis you plan on getting.

Welcome! I have an axolotl as well, and new to mantids. You sound like me with all your critters. I have way too many :p  

I am interested in getting a Budwing Mantis or a Giant Asian Mantis :)
My first mantis is a budwing. He's still an adorable tiny nymph. I have a giant Malaysian shield nymph as well plus 3 more nymphs arriving tomorrow - a giant African "blue flash", a giant rainforest, and a jeweled flower. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Reagan and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

I'm not into Yuri, but I am a fan of many other styles of manga, anime, OVA and movies. To just a few that I have are Samurai 7, Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Elfen Lied, Eureka Seven, Golgo 13, Mushishi, Parasyte, Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, Shin Chan, Trigun, Big O, Requiem from the Darkness, etc... :D I have over 30, and several complete series episodes and OVAs. The three live action Death Notes were great too.

Axolotl's are neat, but the cold temps always kept me from getting one. I shoot for 100% on my PC games, but often I'll have to come back months later after I play others so I'll keep at it.

A nice transition from dancing to figure skating. A very competitive field to be sure - are you doing it merely for fun or something more? I can't do either, but always admired the amount of work and effort that goes into the sport.

Latest posts